About Brian

I am a worship leader at Newhope Church in Durham, NC. Newhope is a multi-site church, and my home campus is the Garner, NC campus. I’m also an indie musician and home recording/video nerd. Visit Brian Wahl Music to listen to the music I write, plus covers of lots of worship songs and some secular stuff.

A few more things about me…

• I’m married to a research scientist named Angela
  • We live in Durham, North Carolina
  • I’m totally addicted to coffee
  • I was born on August 13, 1979
  • U2 is my all-time favorite band
  • I’m a sucker for Apple products

91 Responses to About Brian

1. David Bryant Dec 16, 2015 at 1:03 am #

Hey Brian, I want to stop turning pages, What would you recommend for a pedal/tablet combo to do this. I don’t know anything about these pedals so I’m not sure if they are compatible with any tablet or anything.

• Brian Jan 18, 2016 at 2:02 pm #

Hi David,

Honestly my recommendation is to memorize the songs, ha. I’m probably not the best person to ask this question as I have never used any kind of product like that – I pretty rarely ever use a stand of any kind. I do think there is something out there call ‘Air Turn’ (I’m sure there are others as well). Basically you want something that will do bluetooth to an iOS device.

2. Wallace Nelson Dec 17, 2015 at 4:10 pm #

Hi Brian are you going to have any coupons for pads 3 soon.

• Donny Dec 28, 2015 at 9:05 am #

Hi Brian,

I never had the opportunity to study guitar before, but now I am approaching 50 I can afford to buy a guitar and some time to learn. Last month I was face-to-face with two different teachers, but after seeing your videos what you teach will really help me better. How can I do an online lesson with you? How would you see my guitar fretting? Also, please tell me how much it will cost per hour. I am based in the UK.

I really want to utilise my spare time to develop music skills. I will also need to prepare the questions I need to ask during the lesson.

Hoping to hear from you.

Don

• Brian Jan 18, 2016 at 2:06 pm #

Hi Donny,

I’m no long accepting online students, but I am planning a brand new guitar lesson series that will hopefully be just what you are looking for.

• Donny Dec 28, 2015 at 9:06 am #

Hello Brian,

Please tell me how much it will cost per hour. I am based in the UK.

Hoping to hear from you.

Don

3. Lee Bonner Jan 17, 2016 at 12:45 am #

Brian – I am interested in a subscription service to your chord charts – is that possible?

• Brian Jan 18, 2016 at 2:21 pm #

Hi Lee – I don’t currently offer this kind of a service, but I’ll definitely look into it in the future.

4. Zeb Nov 7, 2016 at 7:42 pm #

Hey Brian, what model martin guitar do you play on worship tutorials. I like the sound. Have a taylor now lookin for a nice martin or upgraded taylor.

• Brian Nov 21, 2016 at 7:01 pm #

Hi Zeb – I use a Martin D-35

• Zeb Dec 28, 2016 at 12:38 am #

Thanks that will be my next purchase unless you advise further. Looks like the d35e is still made in a retro. Im eyeing it. Good to see you are so close to my hometown which is Roxboro and spreading the word. I live and work in the mtns of NC now. Take care. Keep on singing and playin.

• Brian Jan 11, 2017 at 2:55 pm #

Hi Zeb – I love my D35. I’d buy it again 🙂

5. Delaney Nov 29, 2016 at 8:39 pm #

Hey, Brian. I started learning how to play guitar about 6 months ago and I have been learning how to play songs from your videos. You are an Awesome guitar player! Thank you so much for making lots of videos for us. It is very helpful! I have some songs that I want to learn and I was wondering if maybe you can make videos on YouTube of how to play it…

Songs:

. We Believe by NewsBoys
    . Grace Wins by Matthew West
    . Fix my Eyes by King&Country
    . God is on the move by 7th Avenue North
    . There is power by Lincoln Bewster
    .Amazing Grace by Josh Wilson the fast version
    . Day One by Matthew West
    . Live like That by Sidewalk Prophets
    . What a Glorious Night by Sidewalk Prophets

Keep up the good work! ?

From,
    Delaney Berens

• Delaney Nov 30, 2016 at 5:43 am #

Sorry the song; God is on the move is by 7eventh Time Down

• Brian Jan 11, 2017 at 2:34 pm #

Hi Delaney – thank you so much!

6. Pete Apr 15, 2017 at 9:41 pm #

What pick up do you have in your Martin guitar?