Pads

PADS by Worship Tutorials

Thousands of churches use Worship Tutorials Pads to effortlessly transform their worship sets by creating depth and texture, ambience, and awesome transitions.

Best of the Best

Worship Tutorials Pads were selected as this year’s Editor’s Pick in Worship Leader Magazine‘s ‘Best of the Best’ issue.

We are honored to be chosen, and we think our Pads are the best you can buy 🙂

Try before you buy with our Free Sample Pads Pack!

Get one full length pad file from each of our Pads sets, completely unrestricted.

Previews

(you can click on each individual Pads set to hear samples of each set in all 12 keys)

All I can say is THANK YOU!!! I don’t know of any one thing that has revolutionized my approach to worship than discovering PADS!!! It feels like we have just added an amazing new band member to our group.

– Wayne Morris, Worship Leader

Pads come in five different varieties for major keys and two varieties for minor keys. Scroll down to preview them all and hear what we feel makes them each unique. Each Pads set contains 20 minute Pads files for all 12 keys.

Major Keys

Minor Keys

Massive PADS Bundle

Buy all our major keys Pads sets and save 20% over buying them individually

Worship Tutorials Pads

What’s the difference?

Each set of Pads effectively works exactly the same way (with the exception of the Minor Pads, which are in Minor keys). The difference is simply in how they sound. We love having options, and we think you will too. We don’t really think of one set of Pads sounding better or worse than the other, just different. Here’s how you could think of them:

• Pads 5 (Simple Pads): We wanted a set of Pads that would sound warm and rich but have a little bit less going on. There is less movement both in the number of notes and the EQ spectrum. We think these are the best set of Pads yet, especially when used in a band context.
  • Pads 4 (Evolving Pads): Pads 4 have more movement than the other Pads sets, but they will not get in the way of what you are playing on top of them. We like to use these when we want the Pads sound to have a bit more signature. We named them ‘Evolving’ because when you hear them, they sound like they are moving from one place to another. Pads 4 also include a lot of interesting ambient elements not found in the other pads sets.
  • Pads 3 (Cinematic Pads): Think movie score. Take it a step further. Think John Williams and Hans Zimmer are now on your worship team. That pretty much sums up Pads 3. They sound huge, and we love them.
  • Pads 2 (Atmospheric Pads): We named them ‘Atmospheric’ for a reason – lots of texture and ambience. These will really add some life to sets where you don’t have a lot of musicians, and they’re great when used by themselves during different elements of a worship service.
  • Pads 1: Lots of warmth without too much movement or texture. These are great all-around ambient pads that you can use in a variety of environments. We still love the original Pads and we use them all the time!
  • Minor Pads 1: Lots of texture. The tonal center revolves around an actual minor key signature (as opposed to the relative minor of a major key).
  • Minor Pads 2 (Gregorian): The darkest sounding of all our pads. These sound almost menacing. We think they are perfect for setting an eerie mood, which can be extremely effective during something like a Good Friday service, for example. A couple caveats: We don’t recommend listening to these with the lights off. We also warn against the key of D Minor. It is the saddest of all keys. You may weep instantly.

What are Pads?

Pads create an atmospheric ambient texture that sits underneath everything. It gives the music a sense of depth and weight and it helps glue everything together. With any of our Pads sets, you can have that sound present in all your songs and other service elements with a tap of a button.

It really is that easy – to use the Pads during a song, simply play the Pad in the same key as the song, and everything will just work. We are also working hard to create more versions and variations of Pads. It’s always good to have multiple sounds and textures available so you can choose the perfect sound to fit the moment you’re trying to create. Listen to the previews below and choose your favorite sounding set, or get them all!

How it works

• Pads are not progression specific, so no click track is needed
  • Use the examples below – play along with them on your guitar or other instrument
  • Just play the pads in your desired key, and any progression in that key will fit perfectly over the top of them
  • You get all 12 major keys

I’ve been using pads for a few years now and cant imagine leading worship without them.

– David Snowdon, Worship Leader

We’ve been using Pads for about a year and a half now and they have been great! They help with transitions and most importantly, help fill the songs!

– Ryan Bearden, Worship Leader

FAQs

Do I need a click track or to play along with a pre-set arrangement?

These pads are not progression specific. Simply play the pad in the key that your song is in, and any progression in that key will work. Give it a try – play the samples at the top of the page and play any progression in the key of the pad you are playing. The pads will sit underneath and sound beautiful. You can play on top of these pads with any instrument – keys, guitars, etc.

How can I use them to create great transitions?

When you finish a song, let the pads continue. Let them play during prayer moments. Bring them in towards the end of a moving sermon or talk. Crossfade between pads in different keys for smooth transitions from a song in one key to a song in another key. During your worship sets, you can have a music bed that never stops playing, which makes for a much more cohesive worship experience.

What hardware and software do I need to use?

Because these pads are in mp3 format, you can use them with anything. Load them into an iTunes playlist. Bring them into Ableton Live, Logic, Pro Tools, or any other DAW. Play them straight from your smartphone or tablet. Whatever workflow your band or church uses, these pads will fit.

We like to use them in ProPresenter, and we created a tutorial showing how to do that here.

If you’re looking for a solution to play them from your phone, here is a tutorial showing how to set them up in WT Director on iOS (please note, this is not our app, so we cannot offer support for it.

If you’d like to go a bit more complicated and run a MIDI pedal controlling an Ableton Live setup, we’ve got you covered in this tutorial.

How do I download the pads?

When you purchase the Pads, you’ll get an email with download links. You’ll get a link to a large (~500mb) .zip file that contains all 12 mp3 files, and you’ll also get individual links to each mp3 file separately. If you download the .zip file, you don’t need to download the individual file, as the .zip file contains all the files.

You can also log into your account on the My Account page and download any downloadable products that you’ve purchased.

What if I have trouble downloading the files using the links provided?

If you have purchased the Pads but are having problems downloading them, please send us an email and let me know. We’ll get back to you ASAP with some other download options.

How do I get them on my phone/iPad/tablet/etc?

Apple does not allow you to directly download mp3 files to your iOS device (and most other mobile devices are set up this way). Getting Pads on your phone is easy, though – all you need to do is add them to iTunes and sync them to your phone. Here’s a video showing how.

More questions?

Ask in the comments below and we’ll answer them.

Why did we make Pads?

The answer is simple: We wanted to use them in our church. Once we did (and we realized how awesome they are), we wanted to share them with you. Watch this video to learn more:

Hear Pads in action

We’ve created countless videos on our YouTube channel (and in the Tutorials section) featuring acoustic guitar, vocals, and Worship Tutorials Pads, but here are a few:

Passion Song - Feat. Pads 6

Jesus Paid It All - Feat. Pads 2

Fierce (Jesus Culture) - Feat. Pads 5

We absolutely love using Pads in our church and everywhere we go. Ever since we started incorporating them into our services, we have noticed a difference in our sound and worship.

– Raziel Sanchez, Worship Leader

They [Pads] just really enhance worship. They really add a lot to the music.

– Daniel Griggs, Messiah Church (see Daniel’s video here)

338 Responses to Pads

1. Aaron Laird Jan 7, 2016 at 4:34 pm #

Guys, I just downloaded Pads 3 and minor pads, and neither of the full zip files will unzip. I keep getting an error.

Any ideas?

• Brian Jan 18, 2016 at 2:13 pm #

Hi Aaron – I opened a support ticket for you regarding this – did you get everything you needed?

2. Pasko Jan 14, 2016 at 8:17 am #

Hi Brian! I invested in PADS 1 and I love them (Planning on getting PADS2 too soon). For smaller worship sessions where there are 10-15 people in a room I usually have a little bluetooth speaker and I play pads trough it with my phone, and playing guitar over them.
    I’m thinking about connecting them to a mixer board at the church for worship. I have one question regarding that: I know I need a splitter cable for splitting one stereo 1/8inch cable to two 1/4 mono for mixing board, but do I also need a DI box for that or can I go directly from laptop’s headphone output to two inputs on mixing board?
    Thanks in advance for your answer and your time.
    Countinue with great work, I love your channel and your videos! 🙂

• Brian Jan 18, 2016 at 2:17 pm #

Hi Pasko – you can go directly from your phone to the board. It should work pretty easily. The only reason you’d want to use a DI box is if you run your phone from the stage.

3. Trine Iversen Jan 20, 2016 at 7:10 am #

Hi 🙂
    Can I use this pads on my Nord Electro 5?
    Trine- Norway

• Brian Feb 29, 2016 at 3:17 pm #

Hi Trine – if the Electro 5 allows playback of mp3 files, then you can play the Pads with it. You could also use it as a midi controller to control software that is being used to play back the Pads. The Pads are simply mp3’s, though – they are not software files or sounds that can be loaded in a keyboard. Hope this helps!

4. Alex Feb 1, 2016 at 12:15 pm #

I want to buy pads 1 ….do I get all the Major Keys or selected keys?

• Brian Feb 29, 2016 at 3:22 pm #

Hi Alex – you get all the keys. Every Pads set contains all the keys (major keys for the major sets and minor keys for the minor set).

5. Luis Antonio Mar 2, 2016 at 7:06 pm #

Hello! I have a question: What if a single song has changes of tone/key? Like playing in G but the final chorus goes up to A?

• Brian Mar 9, 2016 at 3:12 pm #

Hi Luis,

In that situation you’ll need to change the Pad file for the appropriate key when you hit the key change in the song.

6. kho.darren Mar 4, 2016 at 10:31 pm #

Hi

Does mini expression pedal works well with worship team director?

• Brian Mar 9, 2016 at 3:15 pm #

Hello – I’m not sure which mini expression pedal you are referring to, but I’m not aware of a pedal that will control the app directly. You could output audio from the app into something like a volume pedal and then use that to swell volume up and down.

• Darren Mar 11, 2016 at 8:11 pm #

Sorry typo error. It should be midi expression pedal. Anyway, for volume pedal, does it has to be stereo volume pedal or mono? Or either one can be use. Thanks

7. David Mendez Mar 24, 2016 at 6:04 pm #

I downloaded your sampler and loved the pads.
    Can I purchase a sampler in the Key of G in place of a Pad Set in all keys?

• Brian Apr 4, 2016 at 10:35 am #

Hi David – glad you liked them! Sorry – we do not offer any other keys for free, but you are welcome to check out any of the full Pads sets which contain all the keys.

8. Mark Snyder Mar 26, 2016 at 11:06 am #

Our WorshipSong Band multitrack player has the ability to integrate pads like this into the playback, and between songs. Its available for IOS, Android, Windows, and MacOS. You can configure it to use different pad sets, and they can either automatically select the key based on the song or you can play them in different keys yourself using the touch screen or a foot pedal. Check it out at http://www.worshipsong.com

• Brian Apr 4, 2016 at 10:35 am #

Thanks Mark – I’ll check that out.

9. Sick of artificial music Apr 3, 2016 at 5:36 pm #

Have you ever tried not using pads? Sometimes silence is a really nice thing. Many rockers (Think Tom Petty) use rests and silence which actually cause individual instruments to be accented. Try starting with drum solo (4 beats), add an electric guitar riff (8 beats), and then bring in bass and vocals at the same time for a very effective sound.

• Brian Apr 4, 2016 at 10:42 am #

Silence is a very powerful tool when used appropriately. We intentionally use silence a lot. The key is to be strategic and intentional with everything you do.

10. Lousy musicians relying on tech Apr 4, 2016 at 8:16 am #

You are all ridiculous. I’ll bet I can stop every one of your services in its tracks by turning off your laptop.

JUST PLAY ALREADY

Silence between songs is not deadly.

You are not rock stars, but leave the L-rd in the dust by acting so.

I pity your congregations.

• Brian Apr 4, 2016 at 10:46 am #

This is a pretty bold statement you’re making, especially having never experienced one of our worship services or seen or heard our musicians or bands in person. It’s easy to make assumptions about what we do and why we do it without taking time to truly understand the reasoning behind why and how we use the technology that we do during our services.

Pads and tracks are certainly not for every church, and I believe this is a good thing. But they can very much help elevate the excellence and the atmosphere of worship for many churches. If you would like to respond further to my comments, please refer to this post first: http://www.worshiptutorials.com/blog/faqs-haters/

11. Michael Lee Apr 19, 2016 at 3:12 pm #

Hey Brian! Awesome stuff! Totally off topic but I’m in love with that guitar you have in the Pads 3 video. Can I get the details of it? It looks like an MJT custom but I can’t seem to find that color way in their catalog.

• Brian May 7, 2016 at 8:51 pm #

Hey Michael – that’s Fuller’s blue tele. He built it himself so I’m not quite sure it’s something you could actually buy anywhere.

12. Russell Apr 22, 2016 at 12:45 pm #

If I’m just starting out, and I’ve bought Ableton Live 9 Standard already, as there seems to be so many “Ableton Templates” out there spouting who’s is the best … can you recommend one? I didn’t really want to spend $100 bucks for that if I didn’t need to, but I know one thing; I want to be sure that I begin my ‘library’ using the right stuff (right off the bat and not changing midstream)? Thank you! Love you work and follow you constantly!

• Brian May 7, 2016 at 8:53 pm #

Hey Russel – I’m not exactly what you mean by an Ableton Template. When I used Ableton to run Pads, I sort of made my own templates and setups. I didn’t really buy anything besides the program itself to get up and running.

13. Yangtao Apr 23, 2016 at 2:27 am #

Hi Brian,

I saw this bundle price for Pads 4 and minor pads 2, is there more bundle options? Thanks!

Tony

• Brian May 7, 2016 at 8:54 pm #

Hi Tony – at this time we only have the Pads 4/ Minor Pads 2 bundle going. Thanks!

14. Bill King Apr 30, 2016 at 2:22 pm #

Love the pads, and run them from WT Director on my iPhone. However, I need a way to fade them (a volume pedal for 1/8″ cable?) so I can take our sound guy out of the loop. With WT Director, the fades are way too quick.

• Brian May 7, 2016 at 9:02 pm #

Hi Bill – why is it that you’re wanting to take your sound guy out of the loop?

15. jypeye May 28, 2016 at 11:25 am #

Hi Brian!

I bought PADS II and it is really awesome!! This PAD II changed a lot!! Anyway I would like to get some advises from you.

In my worship team,
    I am the only one musical instrumental player and the other four are all singers who eager to stay on the stage.
    I am playing a budget friendly acoustic guitar with PADS II

Anyway in these days I am thinking about buying Roland GR55 in order to put some variations in Sunday worship songs order.
    I think I may put the guitar string sound and synth sound together or put some piano intro with Roland GR55.
    However this is just a Youtube Knowledge.
    I don’t know whether this idea is good or useless and I don’t know the Roland GR55 will works well or not in live worship environment.

Or! would it be just better to stick on the guitar sound rather than pursuing the other sound with guitar, and it is better to change my humble acoustic guitar to the Variax Standard with POD HD for these days modern guitar sounds? Maybe with your PAD2 and electric guitar would be just lot more better.

I just don’t know. Please advise~ One more background info is I don’t really expect that our team will have any synth player or drum player in near future, but two of singers are learning acoustic guitar from me and the one of them is already starting helping me.

If this Reply leave does not really fit into here please let me know I will delete it or move to the other page

16. John William Cuyler Jun 10, 2016 at 11:56 am #

Just downloaded these yesterday (Pads 2 Atmosphere) Put them on my Boss RC3 looper on my board. Great sounds. Thanks

• Brian Jul 7, 2016 at 3:21 pm #

Awesome – thanks John!

17. Rich Jun 23, 2016 at 2:01 pm #

Had a question about WT director iphone app. I saw the youtube tutorial on how to set it up, but I was wondering if I play a PAD, will it stop at 20mins?, or is it set up to repeat automatically on the app. I’m concerned if any particular worship song or set will exceed 20 mins and somebody would have to press play PAD again.

Also, what kinds of cables and inputs will you need to use my iphone with WT director app on it, to connect it to a PA system. (is it 1/8 inch stereo input)?

Thanks for the help.

By the way, I really enjoy your tutorials and guitar lessons!!!

• Brian Jul 7, 2016 at 3:28 pm #

Hi Rich – That’s a good question. I don’t think you can set up the Pad to loop, so it will probably just fade out. One thing you could do if you do multiple songs in the same key is just set up a playlist with a few of the Pads in the same key (or just push the play button again. If the fades are set up correctly, you shouldn’t hear any break in the Pads.

18. Jonathan Taplin Aug 2, 2016 at 5:14 pm #

Hey Brian,

I have question have you ever blended different pad samples together. I run Ableton using either pads 2 or 3. But I just tired running some samples with pads 2 and 3 together (running on different banks but playing at the same time). Certainly made for a full cool sound. I like how you have the high and low of certain keys so I normally run them together for a full sound. It is what inspired me to try different pad sounds together. Not sure if its something you would recommend…. what are your thoughts

• Brian Aug 22, 2016 at 10:55 pm #

Hey Jonathan – I actually have done that with varying degrees of success. The best advice I can give is try it and see what you think. I actually have used Pads 2 and 3 together and those worked well. If you really want to get wild, though – try a major key Pad and it’s relative minor from either Minor Pads 1 or 2. So you’d use C major and A minor, for example. It sounds pretty huge.

19. Charles Aug 11, 2016 at 6:18 pm #

when will your pad 5 be available to purchase

• Brian Aug 22, 2016 at 11:00 pm #

Hey Charles – they’re available now 🙂

20. Rich Aug 20, 2016 at 11:56 pm #

I’m not in a worship band, but saw a video for the Pads while checking out vids on Youtube. Great idea and they really do fill out acoustic songs. I picked up the major and minor Pads and I’m using them while playing scales on bass or messing around with chords / song ideas. Kudos!

• Brian Aug 22, 2016 at 11:18 pm #