Pads

PADS by Worship Tutorials

Thousands of churches use Worship Tutorials Pads to effortlessly transform their worship sets by creating depth and texture, ambience, and awesome transitions.

Worship Tutorials Pads

All I can say is THANK YOU!!! I don’t know of any one thing that has revolutionized my approach to worship than discovering PADS!!! It feels like we have just added an amazing new band member to our group.

– Wayne Morris, Worship Leader
Pads come in five different varieties for major keys and two varieties for minor keys. Scroll down to preview them all and hear what we feel makes them each unique. Each Pads set contains 20 minute Pads files for all 12 keys.

Pads chosen as Worship Leader Magazine Best of the Best

Best of the Best

Worship Tutorials Pads were selected as this year’s Editor’s Pick in Worship Leader Magazine‘s ‘Best of the Best’ issue.

We are honored to be chosen, and we think our Pads are the best you can buy 🙂

Free Pads Sample Pack

Try before you buy!

Try Pads for free with our Free Pads Sample Pack (get one full Pads file from each set)

Get the free sample pack!

Preview

(you can click on each individual Pads set above to hear samples of each set in all 12 keys)

What’s the difference?

Each set of Pads effectively works exactly the same way (with the exception of the Minor Pads, which are in Minor keys). The difference is simply in how they sound. We love having options, and we think you will too. We don’t really think of one set of Pads sounding better or worse than the other, just different. Here’s how you could think of them:

• Pads 5 (Simple Pads): We wanted a set of Pads that would sound warm and rich but have a little bit less going on. There is less movement both in the number of notes and the EQ spectrum. We think these are the best set of Pads yet, especially when used in a band context.
  • Pads 4 (Evolving Pads): Pads 4 have more movement than the other Pads sets, but they will not get in the way of what you are playing on top of them. We like to use these when we want the Pads sound to have a bit more signature. We named them ‘Evolving’ because when you hear them, they sound like they are moving from one place to another. Pads 4 also include a lot of interesting ambient elements not found in the other pads sets.
  • Pads 3 (Cinematic Pads): Think movie score. Take it a step further. Think John Williams and Hans Zimmer are now on your worship team. That pretty much sums up Pads 3. They sound huge, and we love them.
  • Pads 2 (Atmospheric Pads): We named them ‘Atmospheric’ for a reason – lots of texture and ambience. These will really add some life to sets where you don’t have a lot of musicians, and they’re great when used by themselves during different elements of a worship service.
  • Pads 1: Lots of warmth without too much movement or texture. These are great all-around ambient pads that you can use in a variety of environments. We still love the original Pads and we use them all the time!
  • Minor Pads 1: Lots of texture. The tonal center revolves around an actual minor key signature (as opposed to the relative minor of a major key).
  • Minor Pads 2 (Gregorian): The darkest sounding of all our pads. These sound almost menacing. We think they are perfect for setting an eerie mood, which can be extremely effective during something like a Good Friday service, for example. A couple caveats: We don’t recommend listening to these with the lights off. We also warn against the key of D Minor. It is the saddest of all keys. You may weep instantly.

What are Pads?

Pads create an atmospheric ambient texture that sits underneath everything. It gives the music a sense of depth and weight and it helps glue everything together. With any of our Pads sets, you can have that sound present in all your songs and other service elements with a tap of a button.

It really is that easy – to use the Pads during a song, simply play the Pad in the same key as the song, and everything will just work. We are also working hard to create more versions and variations of Pads. It’s always good to have multiple sounds and textures available so you can choose the perfect sound to fit the moment you’re trying to create. Listen to the previews below and choose your favorite sounding set, or get them all!

How it works

• Pads are not progression specific, so no click track is needed
  • Use the examples below – play along with them on your guitar or other instrument
  • Just play the pads in your desired key, and any progression in that key will fit perfectly over the top of them
  • You get all 12 major keys

I’ve been using pads for a few years now and cant imagine leading worship without them.

– David Snowdon, Worship Leader

We’ve been using Pads for about a year and a half now and they have been great! They help with transitions and most importantly, help fill the songs!

– Ryan Bearden, Worship Leader

FAQs

Do I need a click track or to play along with a pre-set arrangement?

These pads are not progression specific. Simply play the pad in the key that your song is in, and any progression in that key will work. Give it a try – play the samples at the top of the page and play any progression in the key of the pad you are playing. The pads will sit underneath and sound beautiful. You can play on top of these pads with any instrument – keys, guitars, etc.

How can I use them to create great transitions?

When you finish a song, let the pads continue. Let them play during prayer moments. Bring them in towards the end of a moving sermon or talk. Crossfade between pads in different keys for smooth transitions from a song in one key to a song in another key. During your worship sets, you can have a music bed that never stops playing, which makes for a much more cohesive worship experience.

What hardware and software do I need to use?

Because these pads are in mp3 format, you can use them with anything. Load them into an iTunes playlist. Bring them into Ableton Live, Logic, Pro Tools, or any other DAW. Play them straight from your smartphone or tablet. Whatever workflow your band or church uses, these pads will fit.

We like to use them in ProPresenter, and we created a tutorial showing how to do that here.

If you’re looking for a solution to play them from your phone, here is a tutorial showing how to set them up in WT Director on iOS (please note, this is not our app, so we cannot offer support for it.

If you’d like to go a bit more complicated and run a MIDI pedal controlling an Ableton Live setup, we’ve got you covered in this tutorial.

How do I download the pads?

When you purchase the Pads, you’ll get an email with download links. You’ll get a link to a large (~500mb) .zip file that contains all 12 mp3 files, and you’ll also get individual links to each mp3 file separately. If you download the .zip file, you don’t need to download the individual file, as the .zip file contains all the files.

You can also log into your account on the My Account page and download any downloadable products that you’ve purchased.

What if I have trouble downloading the files using the links provided?

If you have purchased the Pads but are having problems downloading them, please send us an email and let me know. We’ll get back to you ASAP with some other download options.

How do I get them on my phone/iPad/tablet/etc?

Apple does not allow you to directly download mp3 files to your iOS device (and most other mobile devices are set up this way). Getting Pads on your phone is easy, though – all you need to do is add them to iTunes and sync them to your phone. Here’s a video showing how.

More questions?

Ask in the comments below and we’ll answer them.

Why did we make Pads?

The answer is simple: We wanted to use them in our church. Once we did (and we realized how awesome they are), we wanted to share them with you. Watch this video to learn more:

Hear Pads in action

We’ve created countless videos on our YouTube channel (and in the Tutorials section) featuring acoustic guitar, vocals, and Worship Tutorials Pads, but here are a few:

Fierce, feat. Pads 5

Jesus Paid It All, feat. Pads 2

We absolutely love using Pads in our church and everywhere we go. Ever since we started incorporating them into our services, we have noticed a difference in our sound and worship.

– Raziel Sanchez, Worship Leader

They [Pads] just really enhance worship. They really add a lot to the music.

– Daniel Griggs, Messiah Church (see Daniel’s video here)

326 Responses to Pads

1. Helison Moura Aug 23, 2016 at 9:18 am #

Hi. This site: http://www.prolouvor.com.br is selling your pads. I download a free sample and when I see the cover of the album was the PADS 2 atmospheric pads.

2. Jafet Aug 25, 2016 at 11:58 am #

hey guys. Just a little question. Wich android app do you recomend for using the pads with? Because of my local churchs requirements, i should trigger just live from the stage. Help me out please! thanks.

• Brian Sep 6, 2016 at 4:51 pm #

Hi Jafet – I’m not an Android user – any Android users out there have some suggestions?

• Jake Dec 2, 2016 at 8:25 pm #

We actually simply have an Android tablet up in the Sound booth and use Dropbox to share the pads. The MP3 player built into Dropbox is nothing special, but you really don’t need anything more than a play button and a progress bar (so you know if you’re coming too close to the end and need to do a quick jump back during the next musical swell :).

3. Juan Fuentes Sep 4, 2016 at 2:52 am #

I try downloading the zip file for Pads 5 but I get a message that says zip file is invalid.
    Is there an alternate link where I can download the zip file?

4. John Waltz Nov 28, 2016 at 10:34 pm #

If you could give me a solid hardware strategy to operate this with my foot while I play guitar I would buy it. I play through a PA.

• Brian Jan 11, 2017 at 2:33 pm #

Hi John – check out the video I made about playing Pads with Ableton and a midi foot controller.

5. Daniel Murphy Dec 1, 2016 at 7:34 am #

Hey there! Every other week we run an acoustic cafe service. Are there any Pads that you think work better then others underneath an very small acoustic set up?

• Brian Jan 11, 2017 at 2:36 pm #

Hi Daniel – I think any of the Pads would work in an acoustic setting – probably 1,2 or 5 would work the best.

6. Benjamin Shields Dec 8, 2016 at 5:51 am #

Hello, I recently discovered the pads and it has been amazing. Let just ask this question, What if I’m playing a song in the key of G and I have my capo on the second Fret. Which Pads will I use? The pads in the Key of G or the pads in the Key of A. Please assist me. Thanks

• DTan Dec 31, 2016 at 12:17 pm #

If you’re playing G chords and other chords in the key of G with a capo on the 2nd Fret, that would mean that you are actually playing the song in the Key of A. Which would mean that the pads you would use should be in the key of A. =)

• Brian Jan 11, 2017 at 2:56 pm #

Yep – thanks!

• Brian Jan 11, 2017 at 2:42 pm #

You’d use key of A pads in that case – thanks Benjamin!

• Rick Feb 10, 2017 at 11:54 am #

or just capo your iPad =D

• Brian Mar 15, 2017 at 2:05 am #

I hear you can get an amp capo, too. That might help. 🙂

7. John Waltz Dec 10, 2016 at 6:00 pm #

So I’m thinking ipod to volume pedal to DI to sound board, which would at least give me the ability to fade in/out with my foot. But that would limit my ability to crossfade, right? I don’t have tech support to crossfade at the board. Does this sound like a reasonable solo setup? Recommend any particular volume control? Thanks for your help.

• Brian Jan 11, 2017 at 2:44 pm #

Hey John – that will do it. If you use the WT Director app you can get a crossfade, too.

8. Gary Kohl Dec 26, 2016 at 4:32 pm #

We use Easy Worship at our church. Is there a way to link these into this program?

• Gary Kohl Jan 2, 2017 at 3:01 pm #

Still waiting info???

• Brian Jan 11, 2017 at 2:54 pm #

Hi Gary – If Easy Worship has a way to implement mp3’s into their workflow, you can use the Pads with it. You might reach out to Easy Worship support and see if they can help. I’ve never personally used the program before.

9. Gary Kohl Jan 2, 2017 at 3:08 pm #

Once bought how many devices or how many times can you down load them?

• Brian Jan 11, 2017 at 2:59 pm #

Hi Gary – there is not a limit to how many times you can download the Pads. You are able to use them on as many devices as you want as long as you own them (in other words, you can’t give them to a friend or another church).

10. Mike S, Jan 23, 2017 at 8:30 pm #

Can these be used with Proclaim software?

11. Pastor Leo Feb 8, 2017 at 11:04 pm #

Hi Brian, i am learning how to play i surrender from your lesson, what pad i can use with i surrender, and what pad i can use as background on sunday when i am preaching. God bless you

• Brian Mar 15, 2017 at 2:02 am #

Hey Pastor Leo – you’ll want to use the Pad that corresponds with the key. So for I Surrender, you can use either the Dm pad or even the key of F pad if you’re in the same key as the album. When you’re preaching, you can use whatever Pad you want, but it’s best to use the key of the song you’ll play after the message. Makes for a smoother transition.

12. Katherine Feb 12, 2017 at 8:01 pm #

Can the pads be used to record with?

13. Christopher Vigil Feb 18, 2017 at 12:26 am #

Where can I get mp3s of pads of all major scale changes (1-7)?

• Brian Mar 15, 2017 at 2:12 am #

Hi Christopher – I’m not sure Pads like these that included all the major scale changes within a key would work – they would have to be at least tied to a specific progression or note within the scale at least at some point.

14. Jeremy Miller Feb 26, 2017 at 2:45 pm #

Hi Brian, I use WT Director pretty regularly with our youth band. I would like to transition to using my MacBook Pro instead of iPad. Do you know of a free (or cheap) program where I can play pads and have transitions on a Mac? Thank you!

• Brian Mar 15, 2017 at 2:19 am #

Hi Jeremy – that’s a good question. I’ve only used much more expensive and involved systems on a laptop before (Ableton Live, for example), so I’m not really familiar with free and simple apps that work from a desktop environment. I’ll check into that.

15. Mike S, Mar 5, 2017 at 5:41 pm #

How do I change the order of the pads in Present mode so the one’s I’m using that day are on top?

• David Bock Mar 8, 2017 at 6:00 pm #

Hello,

How do you suggest modes be covered? For example, can a song in G Lydian be covered by a pad in the parent key of D? We’re playing Lincoln Brewster’s Power of Love it raised that issue.

• Brian Mar 15, 2017 at 2:32 am #

Hi David – the Pads don’t work as well when you use different modes. Usually the song that exposes this is Revelation Song (it’s in Mixolydian). I’m not familiar with that particular Lincoln Brewster song, though.

• Brian Mar 15, 2017 at 2:24 am #

Hi Mike – are you talking about with WT Director? I believe you can create playlists that match the songs you’re doing for the day. So in each playlist just re-arrange the order of the Pads.

16. Rebekah E. Mar 12, 2017 at 11:15 am #

So if I am playing a pad through a tablet or phone, and switch to a pad in a different key, is there a cross fade function built in? Thanks!

• Brian Mar 15, 2017 at 2:34 am #

Hi Rebekah – it depends on the app you’re using. The built in Music app on iOS, for example, does not crossfade.