Pads

Transform your worship sets with

PADS

Bundle sets to save up to 30% or try them for free!

Pads 7 (Guitar Pads) release Dec 12!

PADS by Worship Tutorials

Over 33,000 sets of Pads sold! Tens of thousands of churches use Worship Tutorials Pads to effortlessly transform their worship sets by creating depth and texture, ambience, and awesome transitions.

Best of the Best

Worship Tutorials Pads were selected as this year’s Editor’s Pick in Worship Leader Magazine‘s ‘Best of the Best’ issue.

We are honored to be chosen, and we think our Pads are the best you can buy 🙂

Try before you buy with our Free Sample Pads Pack!

Get one full length pad file from each of our Pads sets, completely unrestricted.

Previews

(you can click on each individual Pads set to hear samples of each set in all 12 keys)

All I can say is THANK YOU!!! I don’t know of any one thing that has revolutionized my approach to worship than discovering PADS!!! It feels like we have just added an amazing new band member to our group.

– Wayne Morris, Worship Leader

Buy them all and save 30%! (save almost $27)

With our bundled pricing, the more you buy the more you save.

Only $62.97 (reg. $89.94)

Save up to 30% with Bundled Pricing!

Our bundled pricing saves you money when you buy more than one set of Pads (or Bumper Music) at a time. Here’s how it works:

• Buy 2 sets of Pads/Bumper Music: Save 15% (save $4.50)
  • Buy 3 sets of Pads/Bumper Music: Save 20% (save $8.99)
  • Buy 4 sets of Pads/Bumper Music: Save 25% (save $14.99)
  • Buy 5 sets of Pads/Bumper music: Save 30% (save $22.49 or more!)

Bundled pricing works with both Pads and Bumper Music (you can mix and match), and happens automatically in the cart before checkout.

Pads come in six different varieties for major keys and two varieties for minor keys. Preview them all and in the audio player to hear what we feel makes them each unique. Each Pads set contains 20 minute Pads files for all 12 keys.

Major Keys

Minor Keys

Worship Tutorials Pads

What’s the difference?

Each set of Pads effectively works exactly the same way (with the exception of the Minor Pads, which are in Minor keys). The difference is simply in how they sound. We love having options, and we think you will too. We don’t really think of one set of Pads sounding better or worse than the other, just different. Here’s how you could think of them:

• Pads 6 (Shimmer Pads): Shimmer is an iconic sound used all over modern worship music. Now you can have it in your sets with the click of a button.
  • Pads 5 (Simple Pads): We wanted a set of Pads that would sound warm and rich but have a little bit less going on. There is less movement both in the number of notes and the EQ spectrum. We think these are the best set of Pads yet, especially when used in a band context.
  • Pads 4 (Evolving Pads): Pads 4 have more movement than the other Pads sets, but they will not get in the way of what you are playing on top of them. We like to use these when we want the Pads sound to have a bit more signature. We named them ‘Evolving’ because when you hear them, they sound like they are moving from one place to another. Pads 4 also include a lot of interesting ambient elements not found in the other pads sets.
  • Pads 3 (Cinematic Pads): Think movie score. Take it a step further. Think John Williams and Hans Zimmer are now on your worship team. That pretty much sums up Pads 3. They sound huge, and we love them.
  • Pads 2 (Atmospheric Pads): We named them ‘Atmospheric’ for a reason – lots of texture and ambience. These will really add some life to sets where you don’t have a lot of musicians, and they’re great when used by themselves during different elements of a worship service.
  • Pads 1: Lots of warmth without too much movement or texture. These are great all-around ambient pads that you can use in a variety of environments. We still love the original Pads and we use them all the time!
  • Minor Pads 1: Lots of texture. The tonal center revolves around an actual minor key signature (as opposed to the relative minor of a major key).
  • Minor Pads 2 (Gregorian): The darkest sounding of all our pads. These sound almost menacing. We think they are perfect for setting an eerie mood, which can be extremely effective during something like a Good Friday service, for example. A couple caveats: We don’t recommend listening to these with the lights off. We also warn against the key of D Minor. It is the saddest of all keys. You may weep instantly.

What are Pads?

Pads create an atmospheric ambient texture that sits underneath everything. It gives the music a sense of depth and weight and it helps glue everything together. With any of our Pads sets, you can have that sound present in all your songs and other service elements with a tap of a button.

It really is that easy – to use the Pads during a song, simply play the Pad in the same key as the song, and everything will just work. We are also working hard to create more versions and variations of Pads. It’s always good to have multiple sounds and textures available so you can choose the perfect sound to fit the moment you’re trying to create. Listen to the previews below and choose your favorite sounding set, or get them all!

How it works

• Pads are not progression specific, so no click track is needed
  • Use the examples below – play along with them on your guitar or other instrument
  • Just play the pads in your desired key, and any progression in that key will fit perfectly over the top of them
  • You get all 12 major keys

I’ve been using pads for a few years now and cant imagine leading worship without them.

– David Snowdon, Worship Leader

We’ve been using Pads for about a year and a half now and they have been great! They help with transitions and most importantly, help fill the songs!

– Ryan Bearden, Worship Leader

FAQs

Do I need a click track or to play along with a pre-set arrangement?

These pads are not progression specific. Simply play the pad in the key that your song is in, and any progression in that key will work. Give it a try – play the samples at the top of the page and play any progression in the key of the pad you are playing. The pads will sit underneath and sound beautiful. You can play on top of these pads with any instrument – keys, guitars, etc.

How can I use them to create great transitions?

When you finish a song, let the pads continue. Let them play during prayer moments. Bring them in towards the end of a moving sermon or talk. Crossfade between pads in different keys for smooth transitions from a song in one key to a song in another key. During your worship sets, you can have a music bed that never stops playing, which makes for a much more cohesive worship experience.

What hardware and software do I need to use?

Because these pads are in mp3 format, you can use them with anything. Load them into an iTunes playlist. Bring them into Ableton Live, Logic, Pro Tools, or any other DAW. Play them straight from your smartphone or tablet. Whatever workflow your band or church uses, these pads will fit.

We like to use them in ProPresenter, and we created a tutorial showing how to do that here.

If you’re looking for a solution to play them from your phone, here is a tutorial showing how to set them up in WT Director on iOS (please note, this is not our app, so we cannot offer support for it.

If you’d like to go a bit more complicated and run a MIDI pedal controlling an Ableton Live setup, we’ve got you covered in this tutorial.

How do I download the pads?

When you purchase the Pads, you’ll get an email with download links. You’ll get a link to a large (~500mb) .zip file that contains all 12 mp3 files, and you’ll also get individual links to each mp3 file separately. If you download the .zip file, you don’t need to download the individual file, as the .zip file contains all the files.

You can also log into your account on the My Account page and download any downloadable products that you’ve purchased.

What if I have trouble downloading the files using the links provided?

If you have purchased the Pads but are having problems downloading them, please send us an email and let me know. We’ll get back to you ASAP with some other download options.

How do I get them on my phone/iPad/tablet/etc?

Apple does not allow you to directly download mp3 files to your iOS device (and most other mobile devices are set up this way). Getting Pads on your phone is easy, though – all you need to do is add them to iTunes and sync them to your phone. Here’s a video showing how.

More questions?

Ask in the comments below and we’ll answer them.

Why did we make Pads?

The answer is simple: We wanted to use them in our church. Once we did (and we realized how awesome they are), we wanted to share them with you. Watch this video to learn more:

Hear Pads in action

We’ve created countless videos on our YouTube channel (and in the Tutorials section) featuring acoustic guitar, vocals, and Worship Tutorials Pads, but here are a few:

Passion Song - Feat. Pads 6

Jesus Paid It All - Feat. Pads 2

Fierce (Jesus Culture) - Feat. Pads 5

We absolutely love using Pads in our church and everywhere we go. Ever since we started incorporating them into our services, we have noticed a difference in our sound and worship.

– Raziel Sanchez, Worship Leader

They [Pads] just really enhance worship. They really add a lot to the music.

– Daniel Griggs, Messiah Church (see Daniel’s video here)

367 Responses to Pads

1. ryan Apr 25, 2017 at 6:54 pm #

Just wanted to say thank you for providing such a great resource that greatly enhances worship that I get to help lead! I have used your pads for a while in a Sunday service and lately in youth led service. The pads just seems to add the atmosphere that’s missing and help focus worship in the proper direction. Every time a new set comes out, I think do we really need another set of pads…and then quickly enter my credit card info because they just seem to get better and better. So thank you for your hearts of worship and the blessing that you guys are to believers everywhere!

2. Mal Munro Apr 27, 2017 at 9:56 am #

Hi Fellas, have just started using Worship Team Director, can’t find anywhere else to ask this question. When I plug the headphone jack in, it stops the fade in fade out function of the app on my Ipad. Do you know any fix to this. Kind regards Mal Munro (Pastor – Bayside Church Victor Harbor South Australia)

• Mike Sep 14, 2017 at 4:11 pm #

I have the same problem. Please help!

• jon12 Sep 19, 2017 at 8:15 pm #

Check to see if there might be a pretty hard noise gate on that channel on your mixer.

• Brian Oct 20, 2017 at 7:44 pm #

Yeah – that will do it.

• Kris Oct 1, 2017 at 12:27 pm #

Hey folks, this happened to me too. Turns out, if you go to setup and select settings, turn off the Stereo/ENH toggle and it should fix this problem. If that doesn’t work, check for noise gate as jon12 suggested.

• Brian Oct 20, 2017 at 7:35 pm #

Thanks Kris – that hidden (and confusing) stereo/ENH toggle solves problems a lot if you’re not getting a signal from one side.

• Brian Oct 20, 2017 at 9:17 pm #

Try toggling the Stereo/ENH button – should do the trick

3. Jacob W May 4, 2017 at 10:49 am #

Are these pads mono or stereo? We’re trying to figure out whether we’re gonna need to run a stereo or mono set up from the laptop. Thanks in advance.

• Brian Oct 20, 2017 at 9:14 pm #

Hi Jacob – the Pads are stereo, but if you run them in mono they’ll sound basically the same.

4. Richard Sykes Jun 26, 2017 at 12:08 pm #

I’m really interested in pads, and would happily purchase a pack of 6, rather like the pad bundle. However, is there any way I can purchase any 6 sets of my choice? I wanted to include the two minor pads and, because I’m mainly playing celtic worship, don’t want so many of the major, modern sounding pads

Is there a bundle offer available to purchase a sellection of my own choice?

• Ken Sep 8, 2017 at 12:10 am #

I second that question! I’d like to be able to pick and choose which ones I’m actually purchasing. Would you consider selling them individually?

• Brian Oct 20, 2017 at 8:22 pm #

Hi Ken – we’re not planning to release individual key files at this time – sorry for the inconvenience.

• Brian Oct 20, 2017 at 8:59 pm #

Hi Richard – we’ve just pushed out our new bundled pricing model, so you can build your own bundle now and get a discount.

5. Mike Jul 10, 2017 at 1:22 pm #

I need a pad that has a “Vibrato” or “Pulsing” pad for lack of a better term that will work with the song “Do It Again” from Elevation Worship. Any ideas?

• Brian Oct 20, 2017 at 8:52 pm #

Hey Mike – any general purpose base Pad like this would be tough to do with a pulse, since a pulse would tie it into a specific tempo. You’d probably want to make one specifically for that song, and then play to a click track for it to sound right.

6. Paul Baillie Jul 20, 2017 at 9:25 am #

Can these be used in commercial recordings – for example as part of a personal E.P that is for sale on ITunes?

• Brian Oct 20, 2017 at 8:47 pm #

Hi Paul – our current license when you purchase does not cover commercial releases that include Pads.

7. Tom Neme Aug 1, 2017 at 4:33 pm #

After downloading your pads to my I-Mac computer, how do I transfer them to my I-Pad so I can play them through my church sound system. Thanks, Tom

• Mark Aug 20, 2017 at 5:42 pm #

You will need an app like Dropbox on your iPad. Set up a free account. Unzip your files on your iMac. Upload them to your dropbox account through the dropbox website. Then open the app on your iPad and save those files to your iPad.

• Brian Oct 20, 2017 at 8:39 pm #

Hi Tom – you need to use iTunes to transfer them – here’s a tutorial on it.

8. Richard Kuykendall Sep 13, 2017 at 12:16 am #

can I upload these pads onto a drum multi pad machine

• Brian Oct 20, 2017 at 7:54 pm #

Sure if your machine supports playback of mp3 files.

9. Michael Oct 21, 2017 at 11:38 pm #

If you are a Propresenter user and play a huge setlist every week then these are for you! If you want to free up some space in the music for your keys players and ambient guitar players to play different things and add different textures to your worship songs, these are for you!

I have been using these every week and they work wonders. Now my Keys Player can focus on adding more depth and space to our sound and I can focus on playing more lead ambient guitar parts (if that’s even a thing… Haha). Thanks to Brian and anyone else who contributed to WT.

• Brian Oct 23, 2017 at 9:22 pm #

Thanks Michael! We use them in ProPresenter most of the time too – it’s so easy. And yes – lead ambient guitar parts are totally a thing 🙂

10. Gerard Nov 1, 2017 at 5:25 pm #

Purchased the entire set of pads yesterday, but can’t use them as WT Director won’t allow access to iTunes (brief white screen and then returns to main WT screen) – either on iPhone or iPad . WT support team are not available to advise. Have you had other users encounter a similar experience – any suggestions would be welcome

• Brian Nov 1, 2017 at 6:48 pm #

Hi Gerard – sorry for the problem with WT Director, and thanks for purchasing! Have you sent in a support request? I’ve just answered all of them and I don’t think I saw one from you (although I answered a few regarding WT Director). We did not develop the app, so I can’t offer much support on it, but I have been able to successfully get the import to work through iTunes.

I would recommend making sure that WT Director and iOS are updated to the latest versions, and you also need to make sure that the files are physically on your device rather than in the cloud. If you’re still having issues, you might have luck by uninstalling and then re-installing the WT Director app. Sorry for the trouble with it – it’s an older app that really hasn’t been developed much over the past several years.

• Gerard Nov 4, 2017 at 2:24 am #

Hi Brian. Tried all your recommendations, but problem remained. Tried a support request but can’t submit one as help page link just says “WorshipTeam.tv is currently upgrading and will be back up momentarily”. Was on verge of giving up and came across related app Small Group Director. Seems identical to WT Director. Installed it, it worked immediately !

11. Amber Mullinax Nov 7, 2017 at 12:25 am #

will these pads work with the Nord electro 5 keyboard?

• Brian Nov 9, 2017 at 1:16 pm #

Hi Amber – I’m not sure if the Nords can play back mp3 files – if they can then they’ll be able to play back Pads. The Pads are simply mp3’s, so they’ll work in any hardware or application that can play mp3’s. Thanks!

12. Jordin Crow Nov 26, 2017 at 12:15 am #

Hello, this is a great resource to use for me considering I don’t have the budget for in ears and loops! Thank you so much!

I have one quick question that I can’t find the answer to. What if I want to change pads in one song? For example, if I want the 1st verses of a particular song to be mellow and the chorus of the same song to lift the atmosphere, and for the bridge to feel like it is building, what should I do?

I have ableton and I am able to control the changes through a footswitch. I’m just not sure if I should stack 2 pads together in the chorus, change the pad, or something else.

Thank you so much for taking your time and reading to this. I hope it makes sense.

• Brian Dec 8, 2017 at 10:46 pm #

Hey Jordin – you could basically set up a playlist where when you advance to the next Pads during the song itself (if I’m understanding what you’re trying to do correctly). The easiest thing, though, would just be to have your sound guy turn them up during the bigger parts of the song. We do that all the time – basically your sound person can play the Pads like an instrument and bring them in louder for parts and quieter for others.