In this FAQ video, I tackle the following questions:
- Where is my home church/where do I lead worship?
- What are some of the best ways to use Pads live?
- How do I get people in the congregation to sing?
Where do I lead worship?
Newhope Church, based in Durham, NC. We are a multi-site church, and I lead at our Garner, NC campus. At all our campuses, everything but the message is live, and the message is streamed from our central campus.
What are some of the best ways to use Pads from stage?
I’ve highlighted several ways to run Pads in a live environment on the Pads page. My preferred way is to trigger them from ProPresenter. (hit the link to learn how). You can also play them from an iOS device, or if you want a bit more complicated (but more flexible method), you can use a midi controller to trigger them from software like Ableton Live.
How do I get people to sing?
There are tons of things we can do to help foster engagement from our congregations, but here are a few tips…
- Make sure you and your team on stage are engaged (physically) in worship. Stage presence :). If you (or anyone on your team) looks bored or disengaged on stage, you’re communicating to people that it’s OK to be disengaged.
- Smile. And then smile more. And then get your team to smile, too.
- Don’t use music stands.
- Be authentic