NOTE: This demo features our Helix version of this patch, but the HX Stomp version contains the same tones. Scroll down to see exactly what you get.
Includes presets based on the PRS Archon and Line 6 Litigator (Dumble) amps in both single and dual amp configurations.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your HX Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your HX Stomp/HX Edit.
2. REVERBS: The 2.6 Firmware update changed the mix levels of the new (HX) reverbs. This patch accounts for those changes, so if you are not updated to 2.6 or later on your HX Stomp, the reverbs will not sound right.
3. IR CAB INCLUDED: This download includes premium IRs from Tone Junkie. We matched these specific IRs to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the specific IR included, and their location in our HX Stomp:
- TJ 21 MATCH 25 R121+57 . In our HX Stomp, it’s in IR slot 21 (this will always correspond with the number after ‘TJ’ in the file name).
To purchase more IR packs, visit the Tone Junkie store here
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your HX Stomp to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above). The image below shows the specific IR location for this patch.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column. (the image below shows a patch, but the HX Stomp patch workflow is exactly the same)
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
This download includes eight patches.
- The ‘Archigator WT IR, Litigator WT IR, and Archetype WT IR’ patches are the main patches with an IR cab
- The ‘Archigator WT, Litigator WT, and Archetype WT’ patches are the main patches with a stock cab (we highly recommend the IR version with the included IR from Tone Junkie)
- The ‘Archigator FX 1 and Archigator FX 2’ patches include the additional effects that are in the full Helix version of this patch. Feel free to swap any of these effects into the main patch to best suite your setup.
‘Archigator WT, Litigator WT, and Archetype WT’ patches:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Amp(s) – Archon and Litigator amps (both in a dual amp configuration and individual amp configurations)
- Cab/IR – see above for IR info
- Transistor Tape – Quarter note delay – mapped to button 1 (see below more more info)
- Glitz Verb – controlled by button 2 (see more info below)
- Output (Main L/R)
‘FX 1’ Patch:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Teemah – Timmy OD
- 808 – Tube Screamer OD
- Minotaur – Klon OD
- Vintage Digital – Dotted 8th note delay
- Adriatic Delay – 8th note delay
‘FX 2’ Patch:
- Input (Main L/R)
- Hall Verb
- Multitap 4 Delay – big ambient delay used for swells
- Glitz Verb – big ambient verb used for swells
- Plateaux Verb – Shimmer Verb used for swells
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch, plus delay and reverb options.
We did not include any drive or modulation effects, although you could certainly add them in if desired.
We included the compressor because it is important in the way it pushes the amp(s) and it integral to the core amp tone. You may, however, want to disable the compressor and/or replace it with a different effect, especially if you already have a comp in your rig that you are integrating HX Stomp into. If you’re running drives into the HX Stomp, the compressor may give you less dynamics that you would like. In this case, you can either turn down the level of compression, or just remove it.
There is only one delay in this patch, but it is set up to give you two different sounds via Button 1. In the off state, it is a subtle quarter note delay. In the on state, the mix and feedback are increased for a more prominent delay sound.
There is only one reverb in this patch, but it’s set up to give you two different sounds via Button 2. In the off state, the mix and decay are set to a ‘normal’ level of verb. In the on state, decay and mix increase and you get an ambient verb setting. The ‘On’ state is the same settings from our Helix version of this patch.
MAKING CHANGES FOR YOUR RIG
GUITARS (and making changes for YOUR guitar):
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers. If you have higher output humbuckers, you might want to turn down the gain on the amp(s), or, alternatively, turn down the output on the compressor – this will hit the amp(s) with less signal. If the amp tone is too dark or bright, simply increase/decrease the level of treble and/or presence on the amp to taste.
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
Version 2.1: Released 2019-10-17
- Added: Additional patches (FX 1 and FX 2) that include all the additional effects block from the full Helix patch.
- Changed: Amp channel volume level to be in line with the Helix versio of this patch.
Version 2.0: 2019-06-24
- Added: Tone Junkie Premium IR (included for free)
- Changed: Amp settings (better tone)
Version 1.0 (Initial Release): 2018-11-01