In this demo, Bradford is playing a Shelton Electric Instruments GalaxyFlite III Custom
This video is a demo of the original version of this patch. The updated version sounds significantly better. We’ll have a new demo up soon! The notes below describe what you get in the updated version.
ARTIST SERIES PATCH
This patch re-creates the sounds made popular by Bethel Music. We built it out based on a number of references to boards and amps used by their guitar players. We feel this patch sounds great on just about any Bethel Music song, and works with a wide variety of different guitars and pickup types.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your Helix/HX Edit.
2. REVERBS: The 2.6 Firmware update changed the mix levels of the new (HX) reverbs. This patch accounts for those changes, so if you are not updated to 2.6 or later on your Helix, the reverbs will not sound right.
3. IR CAB INCLUDED: This download includes premium IRs from Tone Junkie. We matched these specific IRs to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the specific IRs included, and their location in our Helix:
- TJ 14 GOLD Fathead+57 . In our Helix, it’s in IR slot 14 (this will always correspond with the number after ‘TJ’ in the file name).
To purchase more IR packs, visit the Tone Junkie store here: https://tonejunkiestore.com/
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your Helix to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above). The image below shows the IR column and IR Block selection.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
Here is the signal flow and effects:
- Volume (log curve) – mapped to EXP 2
- Kinky Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Pitch Wham – pedal bypass is mapped to switch labeled “Pitch Whammy”, Pedal position is mapped to EXP 1
- Minotaur – Klon OD – mapped to switch labeled ‘Klon’
- Compulsive Drive – OCD Distortion – mapped to switch labeled ‘OCD’
- Scream 808 – Tube Screamer OD – mapped to switch labeled ‘808’
- Amps: AC Fawn Nrm, Brit J45 Brt
- Vintage Digital – Dotted 8th note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/8d DLY’
- Transistor Tape Delay – Quarter note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 DLY’
- Simple Delay – 1/8th note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/8 DLY’
- Hall verb – ‘always on’ type reverb – not mapped to a switch
- Glitz Verb – big modulated verb – mapped to switch labeled “Big Verb (Mod)”
- Multitap 4 Delay – Big ambient delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘Ambient/Swells’
- Glitz Verb – mapped to switch labeled ‘Swells’
- Cali Q Graphic – always on EQ – not mapped to a switch
This patch is meant to be used in stomp box mode or snapshot mode. We recommend setting up your Helix to use all ten stomps. The Helix LT does not allow 10-button stomp mode, so you’ll have to re-arrange the button assignments to suite your preferences.
Everything after the cab block runs in stereo. The delays are mono, but they are panned using the mixer block. All the verbs and effects after the delays are stereo effects. If you are able to run stereo, the wet effects will sound bigger and better. If you only use the L/Mono output of the Helix, everything will be summed to mono automatically. NOTE: Do not use just the Right output of the helix – some of the delays will not be audible if you do this.
Feel free to stack drive pedals for bigger sounds. All three one at once will give you a lead/solo tone.
The dotted 8th delay is in parallel with the quarter delay and 1/8th delay, so they’ll be more rhythmic when used together.
Hit the ‘Swells’ button to turn on the Cosmos echo with big ambient reverb and shimmer.
The pitch whammy is a specialized effect, and we’ve implemented it in a unique way. You hear it prominently in the chorus of the song “Glory to Glory”. The pedal bypass is assigned to a footswitch while the pitch parameter is mapped to the expression pedal (EXP 1) – this mimics the actual Digitech Whammy pedal.
The way we like to use it is to first switch the expression pedal to EXP 1 and keep it in the heel down position. This sets the pitch to 0, so it is essentially off. You can turn on the pedal and there will be no change in pitch. Then you can move the expression pedal in the toe-down position to shift the pitch up by one octave.
There are eight snapshots included in this patch to get different sounds. They are:
- Snapshot 1: CLEAN AMBI. Ambient clean tone.
- Snapshot 2: DRIVE. Light overdrive.
- Snapshot 3: DRIVE+: Bigger overdrive.
- Snapshot 4: LEAD: Big drive with delay and big verb.
- Snapshot 5: CLEAN – Less ambient clean tone.
- Snapshot 6: DRIVE AMBI – Ambient version of the DRIVE snap.
- Snapshot 7: DRIVE+ AMB – Ambient version of the DRIVE + snap.
- Snapshot 8: BIG SWELLS – this uses the ‘Swells’ stomp button plus more verb and delay.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If you’re using a guitar with humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR SINGLE COILS:
The version of this patch you initially download is voiced more toward single coils. We built it primarily using a Telecaster style guitar. If you have a humbucker equipped guitar with low-output humbuckers, it should be perfect for your uses too.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR HUMBUCKERS:
If your guitar has traditional output Humbuckers, try the following changes (we recommend making a copy of the original patch)…
- AC30 Fawn Gain: Change to 6.3
- AC30 Fawn Treble: Change to 8.6
- AC30 Fawn Presence: Change to 6.1
- J45 Drive: Change to 6.1
- J45 Treble: Change to 9.4
- J45 Presence: Change to 6.5
CALI Q GRAPHIC SETTINGS:
- 80 Hz Slider: Change to .4
- 240 Hz Slider: Change to 1.2
- 750 Hz Slider: Change to .5
- 2200 Hz Slider: Change to 2.4
- 6600 Hz Slider: Change to 1.8
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
CURRENT VERSION: 2.0 (released 10/22/2018)
Version 3.0: Updated 3/29/19
- Added: Tone Junkie IR
- Tweaked: Amp, drive, and EQ blocks
Version 2.0: Updated November 12, 2018
- Tweaked: Amp settings (better tone)
- Tweaked: Improved drive section settings
- Tweaked: Improved reverb and delay settings
- Added: Improved swells/ambient section
- Added: Better stereo imaging for effects
- Added: End of chain EQ – improved tone and tweaking for different guitars
- Added: Recommended settings for humbucker and single coil equipped guitars (via the ReadMe notes)
Version 1.1: Updated 07/06/2018
- Fixed: Reverb levels to compensate for Firmware 2.6
- Fixed: Overall volume levels to accomodate for ‘Unity Gain’ (turning the big volume knob all the way up)
Version 1.0: Initial Release: 03/26/18
Updates are free and delivered via email. If you have an older version of this patch and have not received updates via email, please send us a support email and we’ll get the updated patch files to you.