This demo is for the Helix patch. The HX Stomp patch contains the same base elements – see below for exactly what is included in the HX Stomp version.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your HX Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well.
3. IR CABS: This download contains both stock and IR cab versions. We think they both sound great, but if you’d like to use the specific IR we used, it’s from the ATyp 2×12 IR Set from Live Ready Sound available here.
- Here is the IR we used: LRS M2 ATyp SM7b 02 (Top row – slot 49 in our Helix)
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
Here is the signal flow and effects (see below for other effects options):
- Input (Main L/R)
- Deluxe Comp
- Matchstick Ch 1 (Matchless DC-30)
- US Double NRM (Fender Twin)
- IR/Stock Cabs – 4×12 Cali V30 (in the stock cab versions)
- Adriatic Delay – Dotted 1/8th Delay – mapped to button 2
- Cali Q Graphic – Always on EQ
- Output (Main L/R)
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp with the option of additional effects. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch.
The delay and is mapped to button 2. We included the Adriatic delay because it’s Brad’s favorite delay in the Helix. In the Helix patch, this delay is set at 1/8th notes, but for the Stomp version , we chose dotted 8th.
AMP DRIVE (BUTTON 1):
We’ve set up button 1 to increase the level of “Drive” on the Matchless amp model. This essentially gives you an overdrive.
SUGGESTED EFFECTS AND SETTINGS
This HX Stomp patch is built from our full Helix patch. The download of this patch includes every setting of every effect block used in our full Helix patch. Feel free to substitute any of those effects into the patch to suite your specific needs.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If you’re using a guitar with humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR SINGLE COILS:
The version of this patch you initially download is voiced more toward single coils. We built it primarily using a Telecaster style guitar. If you have a humbucker equipped guitar with low-output humbuckers, it should be perfect for your uses too.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR HUMBUCKERS:
If your guitar has traditional output Humbuckers, try the following changes (we recommend making a copy of the original patch)…
MATCHSTICK CH1 AMP SETTINGS:
- Drive: Change to 3.0
- Cut: Change to 6
- Bass: Change to 3.5
- Treble: Change to 4.0
- Presence: Change to 6.0
US DOUBLE NRM AMP SETTINGS:
- Drive: Change to 4.0
- Bass: Change to 7.4
- Treble: Change to 3.2
- Presence: Change to 3.5
Cali Q Graphic block settings:
- 240 Hz Slider: Change to 0.0
- 2200 Hz Slider: change to +1.6
- 6600 Hz Slider: change to 0.0