1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well.
2. REVERBS: The 2.6 Firmware update changed the mix levels of the new (HX) reverbs. This patch accounts for those changes, so if you are not updated to 2.6 or later on your Helix, the reverbs will not sound right.
3. IR CABS: This download contains both stock and IR cab versions. We think they both sound great, but if you’d like to use the specific IR we used, it’s from the ATyp 2×12 IR Set from Live Ready Sound (link below). Here is the specific IR:
LRS M2 Atp 7b 121 Z01 (from the A Type 2×12 pack found here). In our Helix, it’s in IR slot 33.
This patch is designed to be used in Snapshot mode. To enable this mode in your Helix, go to the ‘Footswitches’ section of the Global Settings and select ‘8 Snapshots’ in the ‘Preset Mode Switches’ menu. Here are the snapshots:
- SNAPSHOT 1: INTRO. This is the main tone for the intro before the band kicks in.
- SNAPSHOT 2: INTRO BIG. This is for when the band comes in during the intro.
- SNAPSHOT 3: VERSE.
- SNAPSHOT 4: CH/TURN. This is the main chorus and turnaround tone.
- SNAPSHOT 5: BRIDGE. This is the cool bridge riff.
- SNAPSHOTS 6: Not used.
- SNAPSHOT 7: CLEAN AMBI. This is a sound that is not in the song itself but is useful to have in a live worship environment.
- SNAPSHOT 8: SWELLS. This is a sound that is not in the song itself but is useful to have in a live worship environment.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
Here is the signal flow and effects:
- Volume (log curve) – mapped to EXP 2
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Tremolo – not mapped to a switch
- Scream 808 – Tube Screamer OD – mapped to switch labeled ‘808’
- Teemah – Timmy OD – mapped to switch labeled ‘Timmy’
- Minotaur – Klon OD – mapped to switch labeled ‘Klon’
- Amps – Matchstick CH1
- Cab/IR – 4×12 Cali V30 (in the stock cab versions) – see above for IR info
- Vintage Digital – Dotted 8th note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/8d DLY’
- Transistor Tape Delay – 1/4 note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 DLY’
- Mod/Chorus Echo – 1/8th note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/8 DLY’
- Plate verb – subtle ‘always on’ type reverb – mapped to switch labeled “Short Verb’
- Glitz Verb – big modulated verb – mapped to switch labeled “Long Verb”
- Multitap 4 Delay – Big washy delay mapped to switch labeled ‘SWELLS’
- Glitz Verb – big modulated verb – mapped to switch labeled ‘SWELLS’
- Plateaux Verb – Shimmer Verb – mapped to button labeled ‘SWELLS’
Because this is a song-specific patch, it will work best in Snapshot mode (using all eight snaps). You can use it in stomp box mode, but the delays and reverbs are very specific to this song and may not translate well to other songs.
GUITARS (and making changes for YOUR guitar):
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers. If you have higher output humbuckers, you might want to turn down the gain on the amp(s), or, alternatively, turn down the output on the first compressor – this will hit the amp(s) with less signal.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.