1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well.
2. REVERBS: The 2.6 Firmware update changed the mix levels of the new (HX) reverbs. This patch accounts for those changes, so if you are not updated to 2.6 or later on your Helix, the reverbs will not sound right.
3. IR CABS: This download contains both stock and IR cab versions. We think they both sound great, but if you’d like to use the specific IR we used, it’s from the ATyp 2×12 IR Set from Live Ready Sound (link below). Here is the specific IR:
- LRS M2 SM7b PG48 ATyp Mix (slot 39 in our Helix)
- LRS M2 ATyp SM7b 02 (slot 49 in our Helix)
- The A Type 2×12 pack can be purchased here: The IR’s are not included with this patch.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Volume (log curve) – mapped to EXP 2
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Minotaur – Klon OD – mapped to switch labeled ‘Klon’
- Soup Pro Preamp – meant to replicate the sound of a JHS Superbolt – mapped to switch labeled ‘Suberbolt’
- Amps – AC30 Fawn NRM
- Cabs/IRs – 4×12 Cali V30 (in the stock cab versions) – see above for IR info
- Vintage Digital – Dotted 8th note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘Dotted 8th DLY’
- Transistor Tape Delay – Quarter note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘Quarter DLY’
- Mod/Chorus Echo – 8TH note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘8th DLY’
- Plate verb – subtle ‘always on’ type reverb – mapped to switch labeled “Short Verb’
- Ganymede Verb – big modulated verb – mapped to switch labeled “Long Verb”
- Cosmos Echo – big ambient delay mapped to button labeled “SWELLS’
- Searchlights Verb – big ambient verb – mapped to button labeled ‘SWELLS’
- Plateaux Verb – Shimmer Verb – mapped to button labeled ‘SWELLS’
- LA Studio Comp – Always on compressor – acts like studio compression
You can use this patch in stomp box mode, but it’s meant to be used in Snapshot Mode to replicate the song sections from Glorious Day.
There are eight snapshots included in this patch to get different sounds (all patches feature the same snapshots).
- Snapshot 1: VERSE: Drive and reverb. Use this for both verses.
- Snapshot 2: CH/HOOK: This is the main chorus tone with the big hook of the song. Use it for the turn-arounds and solo section, too.
- Snapshot 3: TURNAROUND: Use this before the bridge.
- Snapshot 4: BRIDGE: This is for the bigger section of the bridge (the drum hits)
- Snapshot 5: not used
- Snapshot 6: not used
- Snapshot 7: not used
- Snapshot 8: BIG SWELLS – There aren’t sells in this song, but they’re always nice to have available 🙂
GUITARS (and making changes for YOUR guitar):
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers. If you have higher output humbuckers, you might want to turn down the gain on the amp(s), or, alternatively, turn down the output on the first compressor – this will hit the amp(s) with less signal.