This demo is for the Hillsong Helix patch. The HX Stomp patch contains the same base elements – see below for exactly what is included in the HX Stomp version and the updates we’ve made to this patch.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your HX Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your HX Stomp/HX Edit.
2. REVERBS: The 2.6 Firmware update changed the mix levels of the new (HX) reverbs. This patch accounts for those changes, so if you are not updated to 2.6 or later on your HX Stomp, the reverbs will not sound right.
3. IR CAB INCLUDED: This download includes premium IRs from Tone Junkie. We matched these specific IRs to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here are the specific IRs included, and their location in our Helix:
- TJ 17 GOLD 7B (TOP ROW) . In our Helix, it’s in IR slot 25 (this will always correspond with the number after ‘TJ’ in the file name).
- TJ 32 MATCH 30 R121+906 (BOTTOM ROW) . In our Helix, it’s in IR slot 30 (this will always correspond with the number after ‘TJ’ in the file name).
To purchase more IR packs, visit the Tone Junkie store here.
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your HX Stomp to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘HX Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘HX Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above). The image below shows the specific IR location for this patch.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column. (the image below shows a patch, but the HX Stomp patch workflow is exactly the same)
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
Here is the signal flow and effects (see below for other effects options):
- Input (Main L/R)
- AC30 Fawn Nrm (Vox AC30)
- Matchstick Ch 1 (Matchless DC-30)
- IR/Stock Cabs
- Analog w/Mod (legacy) – 1/4 note delay – mapped to button 2
- Glitz Reverb – big modulated reverb – mapped to button 2
- Output (Main L/R)
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp with the option of additional effects. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch.
This patch is a true stereo patch – the amps are panned hard left and right. If you run your effects in stereo into the patch, the stereo chain will be preserved.
DELAY & REVERB:
The delay and reverb in this patch are both mapped to button 2. If you use additional switches, you can assign each of these effects to separate buttons. They are pretty ambient by default, but so is a lot of Hillsong music :).
AMP DRIVE (BUTTON 1):
We’ve set up button 1 to increase the level of “Drive” on each amp. This essentially gives you an overdrive (although amp drive typically sounds better than an overdrive pedal). The “Min” settings for each amp are the settings found in the Helix version of this patch.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If you’re using a guitar with humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR SINGLE COILS:
The version of this patch you initially download is voiced more toward single coils. We built it primarily using a Telecaster style guitar. If you have a humbucker equipped guitar with low-output humbuckers, it should be perfect for your uses too.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR HUMBUCKERS:
If your guitar has traditional output Humbuckers, try the following changes (we recommend making a copy of the original patch)…
- AC30 Fawn Gain: Change to 4.0
- AC30 Fawn Treble: Change to 7.2
- AC30 Fawn Presence: Change to 6.5
- Matchstick Gain: Change to 2.5
- Matchstick Cut: Change to 3.5
- Matchstick Treble: Change to 6.0
Version 2.0: 2019-06-24
- Added: Tone Junkie IR (included for free)
- Changed: Amp settings
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2018-12-20