This demo is for the Hillsong Helix patch. The HX Stomp patch contains the same base elements – see below for exactly what is included in the HX Stomp version.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your HX Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well.
2. IR CABS: This download contains both stock and IR cab versions. We think they both sound great, but if you’d like to use the specific IR we used, it’s from the ATyp 2×12 IR Set from Live Ready Sound.
Here are the IR’s we used in this patch:
- LRS M2 ATyp SM7b 02 (slot 49 in our Helix)
- LRS M2 ATyp SM7b Comp 01 (slot 43 in our Helix)
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
Here is the signal flow and effects (see below for other effects options):
- Input (Main L/R)
- AC30 Fawn Nrm (Vox AC30)
- Matchstick Ch 1 (Matchless DC-30)
- IR/Stock Cabs – 4×12 Cali V30 (in the stock cab versions)
- Analog w/Mod (legacy) – 1/4 note delay – mapped to button 2
- Glitz Reverb – big modulated reverb – mapped to button 2
- Output (Main L/R)
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp with the option of additional effects. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch.
This patch is a true stereo patch – the amps are panned hard left and right. If you run your effects in stereo into the patch, the stereo chain will be preserved.
DELAY & REVERB:
The delay and reverb in this patch are both mapped to button 2. If you use additional switches, you can assign each of these effects to separate buttons. They are pretty ambient by default, but so is a lot of Hillsong music :).
AMP DRIVE (BUTTON 1):
We’ve set up button 1 to increase the level of “Drive” on each amp. This essentially gives you an overdrive (although amp drive typically sounds better than an overdrive pedal). The “Min” settings for each amp are the settings found in the Helix version of this patch.
SUGGESTED EFFECTS AND SETTINGS
This HX Stomp patch is built from our full Helix patch. The download of this patch includes every setting of every effect block used in our full Helix patch. Feel free to substitute any of those effects into the patch to suite your specific needs.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If you’re using a guitar with humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR SINGLE COILS:
The version of this patch you initially download is voiced more toward single coils. We built it primarily using a Telecaster style guitar. If you have a humbucker equipped guitar with low-output humbuckers, it should be perfect for your uses too.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR HUMBUCKERS:
If your guitar has traditional output Humbuckers, try the following changes (we recommend making a copy of the original patch)…
- AC30 Fawn Gain: Change to 4.0
- AC30 Fawn Treble: Change to 8.0
- AC30 Fawn Presence: Change to 7.6
- Matchstick Gain: Change to 2.5
- Matchstick Treble: Change to 7.4
- Matchstick Presence: Change to 6.9