This demo is for the Linc Brew Helix patch. The HX Stomp patch contains the same base elements – see below for exactly what is included in the HX Stomp version. Brad is playing a Suhr Classic S.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your HX Stomp and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your HX Stomp is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well.
2. IR CABS: This download contains both stock and IR cab versions. We think they both sound great, but if you’d like to use the specific IR we used, it’s from the ATyp 2×12 IR Set from Live Ready Sound.
- Here is the IR we used: LRS M2 SM7b 02 PR30 Atyp Mix (slot 48 in our Helix)
3. All effects settings from our Helix patch are included. In the ReadMe PDF included with the download, we’ve written out every single setting from all the effects blocks in our full Helix patch. This allows you to switch out effects to suit your specific needs with the HX Stomp.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
Here is the signal flow and effects (the ReadMe PDF includes effects settings from every effect in our Helix patch):
- Input (Main L/R)
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Scream 808 – Tube Screamer, mapped to button 1
- Amp – Brit Plexi Brt
- Cab/IR – 4×12 Cali V30 (in the stock cab versions) – see above for IR info
- Analog w/Mod – Dotted 8th note delay – mapped to button 2
- Cali Graphic EQ – Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls. See below for recommended settings.
- Output (Main L/R)
We built this patch assuming you will be integrating HX Stomp into an existing effects rig, using it to replace an amp with the option of additional effects. It includes the base tone components from the full Helix version of this patch.
We included the compressor because it is important in the way it pushes the amp(s) and it integral to the core amp tone. You may, however, want to disable the compressor and/or replace it with a different effect, especially if you already have a comp in your rig that you are integrating HX Stomp into. If you’re running drives into the HX Stomp, the compressor may give you less dynamics that you would like. In this case, you can either turn down the level of compression, or just remove it.
We’ve added the 1/8d delay in the stock form of this patch.
The 808 is included in the stock form of this patch, and it sounds great in front of the Plexi. Our full Helix patch includes four different options for drive (see those settings below if you’d like to sub them in), but we love the way the SD-1 sounds.
EQ AT THE END OF THE CHAIN?:
Typically when you record guitar parts in the studio, you’ll put EQ and compression on the final tone. We’ve replicated the EQ in this patch. You can use the Cali Q Graphic block for final tone shaping. See below for recommended settings.
SUGGESTED EFFECTS AND SETTINGS
This HX Stomp patch is built from our full Helix patch. The download of this patch includes every setting of every effect block used in our full Helix patch. Feel free to substitute any of those effects into the patch to suite your specific needs.
MAKING CHANGES FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We used a strat to set up this patch, since the strat is a big part of Lincoln Brewsters sound. If you have higher output humbuckers, you might want to turn down the gain on the amp(s), or, alternatively, turn down the output on the first compressor – this will hit the amp(s) with less signal.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR SINGLE COILS:
The version of this patch you initially download is voiced more toward single coils. We built it primarily using a Strat style guitar. If you have a humbucker equipped guitar with low-output humbuckers, it should be perfect for your uses too.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR HUMBUCKERS:
If your guitar has traditional output Humbuckers, try the following changes (we recommend making a copy of the original patch)…
- Drive: Change to 2.3
- Treble: Change to 5.0
- Presence: Change to 4.9
Cali Q Graphic block settings:
- 2200 Hz Slider: change to +2
- 6600 Hz Slider: change to +1.0