NOTE: This video demonstrates the Helix version of this patch, but the POD Go version contains many of the same elements. Scroll down to see what all is included.
A (FREE) PREMIUM P&W POD GO PATCH FOR THE ULTIMATE IN AMBIENCE
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your POD Go and POD Go Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your POD Go is up to date, the app needs to be updated as well. If you get an error importing a patch, the problem is most likely outdated firmware on your POD Go or POD Go Edit.
2. IR CAB INCLUDED: This download includes a premium IR from Tone Junkie. We matched this specific IR to this amp, but feel free to experiment with other IR’s for different tonal options. We’ve also included a stock cab version of the patch, but we urge to try the IR – it really does sound better – and it’s included for free :).
Here is the specific IR included, and it’s location in our Helix:
- TJ 13 GOLD R121+7B . In our POD Go, it’s in IR slot 13
To purchase more IR packs, visit the Tone Junkie store here.
3. INCLUDED PATCHES. This download includes two patches.
- The ‘SWELLS WT IR’ patch is the main patch with IR cabs
- The ‘SWELLS WT’ patch is the main patch with a stock cab (we highly recommend the IR version with the included IR from Tone Junkie)
HOW TO IMPORT THIS PATCH AND IR
- Connect your POD Go to your computer using a USB Cable
- Download and instal the ‘POD Go Edit’ app from Line 6
- In the ‘POD Go Edit’ app, drag and drop the patch into a slot in the ‘PRESETS’ column
- To import an IR, switch to the ‘IMPULSES’ column (next to the PRESETS column), and drag & drop the IR into the appropriate slot (see note above).
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have the IR loaded into the ‘IMPULSES’ column, the patch will not sound correct, even if you have the IR block on – you must drag and drop the IR into the IMPULSES column.
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
- Volume (log curve) – mapped to EXP 2
- Wah – feel free to engage this to filter your swells – it’s a cool effect to use with ambient tones
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Amp – AC30 Fawn Nrm
- Cab/IR – 2×12 Match H30 (in the stock cab versions) – see above for IR info
- Simple EQ – Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls. See below for recommended settings.
- Multitap 4 Delay – Mapped to foot switch C – this is the main delay that makes it go
- Glitz Verb – parameters mapped to foot switch A
- Octo Verb – mapped to foot switch B – adds shimmer (off by default)
This patch is meant to be used for swells or massive ambient tones. If you’re looking for something more versatile, our Free AC30 POD Go patch features the same core tone with different drive, delay, and reverb options. This patch does not include snapshots.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If you have higher output humbuckers, you might want to turn down the gain on the amp(s), or, alternatively, turn down the output on the first compressor – this will hit the amp(s) with less signal.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR SINGLE COILS:
The version of this patch you initially download is voiced more toward single coils. We built it primarily using a Telecaster style guitar. If you have a humbucker equipped guitar with low-output humbuckers, it should be perfect for your uses too.
Feel free to adjust the amp EQ and the settings of the Simple EQ block if you’d like to make the patch a bit brighter or darker.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR HUMBUCKERS:
If your guitar has traditional output Humbuckers, try the following changes (we recommend making a copy of the original patch)…
- DRIVE: Change the ‘Min’ value to 4.5 and the ‘Max’ value to 7.6
- Bass: Change ‘Min’ value to 2.6 and the ‘Max’ value to 1.3
- Cut: Change to 2.0
- Treble: Change to 7.7
- Presence: Change to 6.8
Simple EQ block settings:
- Mid Gain Slider: change to +2.1
- High Gain Slider: change to +2.2
Version 1.0 (initial release): 2020-04-15