Reckless Love – Cory Asbury, Bethel Music

Chord Charts

Chord charts are available from SongSelect here. This is a very simple song, though – check out the tutorial below to learn how to play it.

Info

The Cory Asbury/Bethel version that’s currently on youtube is in the key of F. In my version above, I’m playing key of G chords but my guitar is tuned down 1/2 step, which puts me in the key of Gb (one half-step higher than the Cory Asbury version. I also slowed it down slightly to 78bpm (down from 82).

Arrangement

Artist: Cory Asbury, Bethel Music
Album: —
album info: Album Key: F (male), 6/8 time, 82 bpm (my version is 78bpm)

Chord diagrams – Key of G

Chord diagrams – Key of D

Strumming Patterns

1 2 3 4 5 6 ,...
d  udud  udu,...

This song is in 6/8 time, so the strumming pattern is a pretty standard one for 6/8.

Acoustic song video:

• Guitar: Martin D-35 // LR Baggs Anthem pickup
  • Electric Guitar: Shelton Electric Instruments GalaxyFlite Super
  • Amp/pedals: Line 6 Helix
  • Microphone: Shure SM7b
  • Interface: UA Apollo Twin Duo – everything was recorded direct into this

Software:

• Audio/recording: Apple Logic Pro X
  • Video: Adobe Premiere Pro

View the latest songs and tutorials

Join the Mailing List

Worship Artistry

10 Responses to Reckless Love – Cory Asbury, Bethel Music

1. Tim Wenger Oct 21, 2017 at 1:22 am #

Brian thank you so much for posting this video. Very basic chords but I was struggling trying to figure it out. I am very new to playing the guitar and your website is has been teaching me how to play. I listen to Ryan Ashbury teach on Luke 15 while playing this song at a conference and just was moved by how God gives people this amazing gift to write music. So stoked you put this up and can’t wait to start learning this new song. Thank you so much

• Brian Oct 23, 2017 at 9:20 pm #

Thanks Tim! I was surprised by how easy this one was, too when I charted out the chords.

2. Brad Nov 13, 2017 at 5:59 pm #

Fantastic job Brian! I just came across this song today to be honest and it was growing on me already but your cover of it is great. Adding it to my list.

3. Chris Nov 15, 2017 at 5:14 pm #

Hey Brian, I really liked the electric riff that you did with this song. I was wondering what effects you used with the helix? Also what chords you used as well?

• Brian Dec 8, 2017 at 10:39 pm #

Hey Chris – just a bit of delay and reverb for that. It’s a pretty simple riff without anything crazy effects-wise.

4. Rebekah Feb 1, 2018 at 6:48 pm #

I’d love to see tutorial lessons for lead piano.

5. Corey Mar 15, 2018 at 1:05 pm #

Not sure if this is the version of the Cory Asbury song you are referring to, but it is in F#, not F – which means your demonstration would line up in the same key, F# (Gb): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc6SSHuZvQE

6. tkdea2 Mar 19, 2018 at 7:34 pm #

Do you take a finger off of your G and D chords??????

7. Cindy Decker Apr 20, 2018 at 1:22 pm #

Hey, Brian, Thanks for this tutorial! I am wondering how the Bm is used with the open E string on top? That’s confusing to me. An E in the chord, especially on the top seems to be a different animal altogether. You’ve got BDADE in that chord, don’t you want the F# on fret 2?.