Line 6 Helix Patch
Note: Our arrangement is slightly different than the Elevation version – we shortened quite by about 2 minutes. We also are doing the song in the key of C, which is one half-step below the album key of Db.
These chords are in the key of C. To play along with the album version, you’ll want to put a capo on the 1st fret. You can also use key of G chords with a capo on the 5th fret (which is what I’ve done in the full mix video for the rhythm guitar part).
1 2 3 4 , etc.. d d d dudud d du,
This strumming pattern is used throughout the entire song.
Resurrecting – Chord Chart Kit – Elevation Worship arrangement
Chord Chart kits include both Nashville charts and lyric charts in various keys. Your download will be in the form of a .zip file. Extract the file and you will find two folders, ”Lyric Charts and Nashville Charts”.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Resurrecting (Elevation Worship) – Line 6 Helix Patch
This Helix Patch mimics the guitar tones from the song Resurrecting by Elevation Worship, utilizing snapshots for different song sections. You get two different patches – one using an IR Cab by Live Ready Sound (IR’s not included), and the other using stock cabs.
CURRENT VERSION: 2.0 (updated 11/20/2018 – see release notes below).
This patch re-creates the sounds from the song ‘Resurrecting’ as recorded by Elevation Worship on the album Here As In Heaven. It is designed to be used in Snapshot mode, and the snapshots correspond to different song sections.
1. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE: Please upgrade the firmware on your Helix and the HX Edit software from Line 6 to the latest before installing this patch. Even if your Helix is up to date, the ‘HX Edit’ app needs to be updated as well.
2. REVERBS: The 2.6 Firmware update changed the mix levels of the new (HX) reverbs. This patch accounts for those changes, so if you are not updated to 2.6 or later on your Helix, the reverbs will not sound right.
3. IR CABS: This download contains both stock and IR cab versions. We think they both sound great, but if you’d like to use the specific IR we used, it’s from the ATyp 2×12 IR Set from Live Ready Sound available here: https://livereadysound.com/product/a-typ-2×12-impulse-response-pack/
- Here is the IR we used: LRS M2 ATyp SM7b 02 (slot 49 in our Helix)
This patch is designed to be used in Snapshot mode. To enable this mode in your Helix, go to the ‘Footswitches’ section of the Global Settings and select ‘8 Snapshots’ in the ‘Preset Mode Switches’ menu. Here are the snapshots:
- SNAPSHOT 1: INTRO/VS. Clean-ish tone. If you play this hard, it will break up, but if you play lightly (like they do on the album), it will stay nice and clean.
- SNAPSHOT 2: VS2/CLEAN. Different delay settings from Snap 1.
- SNAPSHOT 3: CH BIG. Main chorus rhythm tone.
- SNAPSHOT 4: BR/CLEAN. This is where the guitar comes in during the soft part of the bridge.
- SNAPSHOT 5: BR/BUILD: When the band kicks in during the bridge.
- SNAPSHOT 6: LEAD. Melt some faces with your power ballad solo tones.
- SNAPSHOT 7: NOT USED.
- SNAPSHOT 8: SWELLS. They’re here in case you need them :).
SIGNAL FLOW AND EFFECTS
Here is the signal flow and effects:
- Volume (log curve) – mapped to EXP 2
- Deluxe Comp – not mapped to a switch, always on
- Minotaur – Klon OD – mapped to switch labeled “Klon’
- Scream 808 – Tube Screamer OD – mapped to switch labeled ‘808’
- Teemah – Timmy OD – mapped to switch labeled ‘Timmy’
- Amp – Matchstick Ch1
- Cab/IR’s – 4×12 Cali V30 (in the stock cab versions) – see above for IR info
- Vintage Digital – Dotted 8th note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/8d DLY’
- Mod/Chorus Echo – 8TH note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/8 DLY’
- Transistor Tape Delay – Quarter note delay – mapped to switch labeled ‘1/4 DLY’
- Plate verb – subtle ‘always on’ type reverb – mapped to switch labeled “Big Verb’
- Glitz Verb – big modulated verb – mapped to switch labeled “Long Verb”
- Multitap 4 Delay – big ambient delay mapped to button labeled “SWELLS’
- Glitz Verb – big ambient verb – mapped to button labeled ‘SWELLS’
- Plateaux Verb – Shimmer Verb – mapped to button labeled ‘SWELLS’
- Cali Q Graphic – Always on EQ – Use this EQ to make tonal tweaks for your guitar/setup. These controls will affect your tone differently than the amp controls. See below for recommended settings.
- Looper (6 switch) – mapped to button labeled ‘Looper’. If you prefer the 1-button looper, feel free to substitute it – just make sure to use the stereo version.
This patch is meant to be used snapshot mode, but you can switch to stomp at any time to get to the individual effects. We recommend setting up your Helix to use all ten stomps. The Helix LT does not allow 10-button stomp mode, so you’ll have to re-arrange the button assignments to suite your preferences.
Everything after the cab block runs in stereo. The delays are mono, but they are panned using the mixer block. All the verbs and effects after the delays are stereo effects. If you are able to run stereo, the wet effects will sound bigger and better. If you only use the L/Mono output of the Helix, everything will be summed to mono automatically. NOTE: Do not use just the Right output of the helix – some of the delays will not be audible if you do this.
Feel free to stack drive pedals for bigger sounds.
The dotted 8th delay is in parallel with the quarter delay and 8th delay, so they’ll be more rhythmic when used together.
Hit the ‘Swells’ button to turn on the Multitap delay with big ambient reverb.
EQ AT THE END OF THE CHAIN?:
Typically when you record guitar parts in the studio, you’ll put EQ and compression on the final tone. We’ve replicated the EQ in this patch. You can use the Cali Q Graphic block for final tone shaping. See below for recommended settings.
MAKING ADJUSTMENTS FOR YOUR SETUP
SETTING THE PATCH UP FOR YOUR GUITAR
All guitars are different, so you may want to make changes to suite your playing style and guitar. We set this up with a variety of guitars, including both single coils and humbuckers (primarily a Telecaster style guitar). If you’re using a guitar with humbuckers, please refer to the suggested settings below.
We recommend making a copy of the patch and changing the copy just in case you want to revert back to the original.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR SINGLE COILS:
The version of this patch you initially download is voiced more toward single coils. We built it primarily using a Telecaster style guitar. If you have a humbucker equipped guitar with low-output humbuckers, it should be perfect for your uses too.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR HUMBUCKERS:
If your guitar has traditional output Humbuckers, try the following changes (we recommend making a copy of the original patch)…
- Gain: Change to 3.0
- Cut: Change to 1.9
- Treble: Change to 6.9
- Presence: Change to 5.9
Cali Q Graphic block settings:
- 2200 Hz Slider: change to +2.0
- 6600 Hz Slider: change to +3.0
If you would like to make this patch louder or quieter without affecting tone, the following adjustments can be made:
“Ch Vol” control on the amp module. This will increase or decrease volume without affecting the tone of the amp. This is the primary level adjustment tool I use for changing patch volumes.
Output block level. Changing the level control on the output block (the very last thing in the signal chain) will increase or decrease overall volume. We typically have this set at zero, but feel free to adjust this as you see fit.
CURRENT VERSION: 2.0 (released 11/20/2018)
Version 1.0: Initial Release: March 14, 2017
Version 2.0: Updated November 20, 2018
- Changed: Complete overhaul of amp, cab, drive, delay, and reverb settings (much better tone)
- Added: Improved swells/ambient section
- Added: Stereo – everything after the amp/cab block runs in stereo
- Added: End of chain EQ – improved tone and tweaking for different guitars
- Added: Recommended settings for humbucker and single coil equipped guitars (via the ReadMe notes)
Updates are free and delivered via email. If you have an older version of this patch and have not received updates via email, please send us a support email and we’ll get the updated patch files to you.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.