In this FAQ video, I tackle the following questions:
- What guitar do I play in the acoustic videos?
- Would I give voice/singing lessons?
- What gear do I use to make videos?
I talk about gear quite a bit in this video – here are some links to the stuff I talk about:
- Martin D-35 (the guitar I use in most of my videos)
- LR Baggs Anthem Pickup (pickup system in my guitar)
- Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo (audio interface)
- Shure SM7b (vocal mic in most videos)
- Audio Technica AT899 (lapel mic I use in speaking videos like this one and the tutorials)
- AKG C214 (condenser mic I use – mainly for acoustic and vocals)
- UAD API Preamp Plugin
- Waves CLA Vocals Plugin
- Apple Logic Pro (recording software)
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (video and image editing)
- Blackmagic Production 4K Camera (my main video camera)
- Canon 70D (second camera)
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 lens (I use the older, cheaper version of this lens)
- Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 lens (this is a GREAT all purpose zoom lens)
- Lighting – I use these bulbs with these stands and these umbrellas. Typically I use 3-4 of these lights for a video.
This may seem like a ton of gear (and a lot of money), but you don’t have to jump in head first with all this kind of stuff. With great light and a decent microphone, you can make very high quality videos using your iPhone. I have purchased all this gear over a long period of time, and as Worship Tutorials has grown as a business, I’ve invested back into it with higher quality gear. Start slow, buy used, and build up over time.