Buy a White Horse by Will Sledge FX
The White Horse by Will Sledge FX is a transparent overdrive/boost inspired by the Klon KTR. This is a very good drive and absolutely nails that classic Klon type tone. It can be used as either a boost or a drive, or as something just a bit in between.
In the video above, Nick and Brian walk through the pedal in a variety of settings, and even compare it to an 808 style drive, and an Electro Harmonix Soul Food, which is a budget Klon style pedal.
Here is a table of contents if you’d like to skip ahead to certain points in the video:
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 00:40 – Background info about the White Horse (and brief discussion of overdrive pedal types)
- 02:00 – Description of controls on the pedal
- 03:07 – Playing through the pedal – Telecaster
- 04:42 – White Horse compared to 808 (tube screamer) style pedal & discussion
- 07:18 – More telecaster through the White Horse (bridge pickup)
- 07:56 – Tele through the White Horse while adjusting the controls on the pedal & discussion
- 10:00 – Reverend Charger 290 through the White Horse (P90 pickups)
- 11:56 – More general thoughts about The White Horse
- 12:20 – White Horse vs Soul Food setup
- 14:16 – White Horse vs Soul Food, with a telecaster (bridge position)
- 15:23 – Final thoughts